Monday, November 2, 2009

How to Access Your Gmail Account Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

Today I'll blog about how you can access your Gmail account using Microsoft Outlook 2003. If you have just installed the application, you will be asked to set up an e-mail account the moment you launch it. A startup wizard will automatically be shown on the screen, guiding you through the configuration process. So, here's what you should do:

1. In the Outlook 2003 Startup wizard, click Next


2. In the E-mail Upgrade Options, tick "Do not upgrade" and then click Next


3. To configure your account, tick "Yes"




4. Choose the type of server your account will work with. For your Gmail account, tick POP3 and then Click Next






5. To get your account working, provide the necessary information.





Incoming Mail: pop.gmail.com [Note: Port is 995]
Outgoing Mail: smtp.gmail.com [Note: Port is 465 - check “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”
Account Name: youraccountID@gmail.com (Key in your full email address)
Click “My server requires authentication”

6. Click Test Account Settings to test the account settings that you have entered


7. If all test were successfully completed, click the Close button


8. Click Next and then click Finish



That's it! You can now send and receive mails using Microsoft Outlook

3 comments:

  1. In MS Outlook I know many interesting capacities. But once I used one of them and I paid for my choice with my important emails. They were lost. Luckily for me I quickly made a decision and started found it on the Inet. I was effective and noticed it - cannot view mail contents in outlook. The tool aided me within a minute and I at sight forgot about the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive and a very easy to understand instruction about how to set gmail pop3 account in MS outlook 2003. Here is a similarly helpful tutorials in setting gmail account rather for MS Outlook 2010

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is your follow link bytheway? I'd like to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails