Saturday, May 2, 2009

Manny Pacquiao beats Hatton - Winner by TKO 2:59 of Round 2

Ricky Hatton has been badly beaten by our very own Manny Pacquiao. It is over in just two rounds. Pacquiao gave Hatton 2 knockdowns in Round 1. And in Round 2, he defeated Hatton. Thousands of Hatton’s supporters who traveled across the Atlantic saw their dreams shattered within a few terrible minutes. The usual act of chanting passed on even after their man had been shimmered out, but it may not start again. The "Hitman" may have been one of the most well-known boxers but because of this fight, his fighting future is now in inexorable doubt. And as for "PACMAN," his future seems brilliant than ever.

I'm pretty sure lots of people are rejoicing at the moment. Of course, I rejoice with the rest of the Filipinos. Bob Arum is right. Pacquiao's going to be the greatest fighter who ever lived.


Pacquiao earned 12 million dollars in this 140-pound title bout while Hatton earned 8 million dollars.



Quotations from Pacquiao:

"Our strategy was the one punch."
"He was wide open for the right hook. I knew he would be looking for my left."
"Left hook. Right hook. That was going to be the key to this fight."
"I am surprised this fight was so easy."
"I did work hard in my training camp and it paid off. This is as big a victory for me as when I beat Oscar De La Hoya."
"I can fight anybody."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails